2 (250 gm ) packets of firm tofu
250 gm bean sprouts
200 gm salad leaves or pak choy, finely shredded
1/4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons caster sugar
200 gm snow peas
250 gm rice noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
100 gm unsalted peanuts, chopped
½ cucumber, chopped in strips
2 green chillies, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 spring onions. finely chopped
80 ml soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Chop the tofu and marinate it in the dressing for 30-40 minutes.
2. Combine the bean sprouts, shredded greens, coriander, basil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and half the sugar.
3. Cook snow peas in boiling water for 1 minute and then dip them in ice cold water to stop the cooking. Also cook the rice noodles for around 4-5 minutes in boiling water. Drain the water.
4. Grill the marinated tofu with some oil for 2 minutes each side. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and grill for another 5 minutes.
5. Place the cooked rice noodle on the, snow peas and the grilled tofu over the bed of greens. Spoon the left over tofu dressing over the entire salad. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.