1 cup barley
1/4 cup roasted Pumpkin seeds
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup apple juice
3 tbsp olive oil
10-15 fresh mint leaves
4-5 coriander sprigs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 cup mixed lettuce leaves
2 tsp honey
Salt to taste
1. Slice the apple thickly. Add 1/2 tbsp lemon juice to them to avoid discolouration.
2. Cook barley with 2 cups of water until tender.
3. Add salt, apple juice, oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice to the barley and mix.
4. Chop fresh mint leaves and coriander. Add them to the barley along with the roasted pumpkin seeds.
5. Roughly tear the lettuce leaves and add to the barley. Toss the entire salad with the honey and serve.