1 cup (175 gm) couscous
300 ml home made vegetable stock
400 gm cooked chickpeas
3/4 cup (125 gm) dates, chopped
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
10 gm fresh mint, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
Salt to taste
1. Put the couscous in a large bowl, pour hot vegetable stock over it and set it aside till all the stock is absorbed.
2. To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
3. Fluff the couscous with with a fork and drizzle the dressing over the top while the couscous is still warm.
4. Cut all orange segments in half after peeling them.
5. Stir the oranges, chickpeas, dates, almonds. After adjusting the seasoning let the salad sit for one hour for the flavours to mingle together. Serve by sprinkling fresh mint on top.