1/2 cup chana dal, soaked and drained
1/2 cup fenugreek leaves, chopped
1/2 cup spinach, chopped
1/2 cup carrot grated
1 tsp coconut, grated
2 tsp carrot, grated
1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
Pinch of mustard and cumin seeds, respectively
1/2 tsp ginger, shredded
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Pressure cook matki with very little water and salt for two whistles.
2. Wash oats and drain out all the water thoroughly. Steam cook immediately for exactly four to five minutes on a high flame (like it’s done for idli).
3. Now remove and sprinkle some salt and one tsp oil over it, and mix lightly. This is done to prevent the oats from becoming mushy.
4. Heat a pan with oil. Add mustard, cumin, chili, curry leaves and ginger. Let the seeds splutter and increase the flame to high. Add the matki and some water. Cook till water evaporates completely.
5. Add the oats and turmeric and fry on a high flame for a min. Take off from flame and add lemon juice, carrot, coconut and coriander leaves. Mix and serve.