350 gm lamb, minced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
6-8 spring onions, thinly sliced
50 gm rocket or argula or lettuce
6 pita pockets
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/2 cup yogurt, beaten
Lemon wedges for garnish
Salt to taste
1. For the Koftas: Put the lamb in a large bowl and break it up with a wooden spoon. Add the egg, garlic, oregano, thyme, onion and salt and mix well. Add the breadcrumbs and mix again.
2. Roll the mixture into 24 small balls. Flatten them out into 5 cm discs with 1 cm thickness.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Pan-fry the Koftas over high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat on low and cook the koftas for 8 minutes till cooked through.
4. In a separate bowl mix the salad, spring onions and fresh herbs. Toast the pita pockets slightly.
5. Assemble the pita pockets by placing 4 koftas in each. With mixed salad, thinly sliced cucumber and yogurt. Serve hot with a sprinkling of chilli flakes and a lemon wedge.