1 cup whole wheat flour (about 4 3/4 ounces)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
1 cup regular oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp wheat bran
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
1 large egg
1 cup chopped pitted dates
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
2. Place 18 muffin cups liners in muffin cups; coat liners with a little oil.
3. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
4. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
5. Make a well in centre of mixture. Combine yogurt, banana, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
6. Fold in dates, walnuts, and pineapple.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with flaxseed.
8. Bake at 170 degrees for 20 -23 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in centre.
9. Remove muffins from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack.