500 ml cream
500 ml milk
1 inch ginger, peeled and coarsely crushed
3 green cardamom
2 tbsp tea leaves
9 egg yolks
225 gm sugar
1. Combine cream and milk in a pot with the ginger, cardamom and tea and simmer.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale in colour.
3. Add 2 tbsp of hot milk mixture into the egg yolks and sugar and temper. Then add the entire mixture back to the hot milk, whisking continuously.
4. Refrigerate this mix overnight.
5. Strain the mix through a fine sieve or a muslin cloth and churn in a. Icecream maker or a blender.
6. Put in mould and freeze.