2 tbsp or 28 gm butter
2/3 cup or 115 gm dark chocolate
1/4 cup or 50 gm sugar
1 egg at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup minus 1 tbsp or 97 gm flour (maida)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup or 55 gm icing sugar
1. Melt the butter and the chocolate together. I used the microwave on medium giving it a stir every 20 seconds. Let it cool to room temperature.
2. With your electric beater, beat your eggs and sugar until the colour changes from yellow to pale yellow (around 3-5 minutes on high).
3. Add the vanilla and the cooled down chocolate to it and mix until completely incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix until completely incorporated. The mixture will feel a little soft.
5. Keep this mixture in the fridge for minimum 2 hours. (you can leave it in the fridge overnight too) please cover it with cling film.
6. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Sift the icing sugar in a bowl. Take out the cookie dough mixture and start making round balls out of it. 1 cookie dough measure is 1 tablespoon or 15 gm (by measuring correctly you will get uniform cookies) Make sure your cookies are perfectly round and smooth. Now roll them in the icing sugar and place them on a slightly greased baking tray. If measured correctly, this recipe will yield around 18 cookies.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. When they come out they will feel very soft but will firm up in a few minutes. These are soft fudgy cookies, almost like a chocolate marshmallow cake.